Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO) is thrilled to launch the Upbeat Society for Emerging Leaders, an exclusive leadership opportunity for local young professionals who believe USUO’s classical performing arts are vital to a healthy future.
WHO ARE WE?
Upbeat is an exclusive group comprised of 50 young professionals who represent the future of arts philanthropy in our community.
WHAT DO WE DO?
Our mission is to foster a sustainable community of young USUO patrons, create a pipeline for future donors, and connect up-and-coming professionals in the vital work of community leadership.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AN UPBEAT MEMBERSHIP?
Upbeat offers members:
- Insider access to intimate and educational musical experiences
- Invitations to networking social events, and personal and professional connections with culturally-minded leaders in our community
- Relationship-building with local companies and organizations who have a passion for USUO’s mission
- Letter of recognition from USUO’s CEO to member’s employer, highlighting their contributions (if applicable)
- A voucher for (2) free tickets to a performance during USUO’s 2019/2020 season
- 20% discount on select concert tickets
- An invitation to meet and greets with guest artists and a private music salon
- (2) exclusive lectures with USUO staff, musicians, or guest artists
- Involvement in one of the premier arts organizations in Salt Lake City, including participation in the strategic planning of USUO’s future for younger demographics
Each season, members come together to award a grant in support of a USUO program of the group’s collective choosing. Paid for by membership dues, this grant demonstrates a philanthropic commitment from future arts supporters and provides a sense of ownership and investment in the organization.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM A GOOD FIT FOR UPBEAT?
The ideal Upbeat member is someone who:
- Has a desire to network with, connect to, and support other young professionals
- Has dedicated time to attend a minimum of 5 Upbeat meetings, either via phone or in person, on the first Wednesday of the month (see the Upbeat schedule for dates)
- Has dedicated time to attend musical performances, exclusive educational opportunities, and social events
- Will be responsive to occasional e-mails and texts from Upbeat members and USUO staff
- Feels comfortable being an advocate for USUO in the community
HOW DO I JOIN?
Upbeat has a membership cap of 50. To find out if there is space available and to set up a time to discuss your interest in the group, please e-mail USUO Director of Individual Giving, Olivia Custodio, at [email protected].
The membership fee for Upbeat is $950 each season (September 1st– August 31st) with a two-year commitment. Individuals may pay their membership fee at once, or in a more personalized payment plan.
CAN MY COMPANY SPONSOR MY MEMBERSHIP?
Absolutely. Many companies find high value in having a member of their team represented in local groups that support the future of our community. If you’re not sure if your company has a program like this, we recommend checking with your HR or Compliance representative. There are many benefits for your company by sponsoring your membership. Click below to learn more about Upbeat Corporate Sponsorship Benefits.